Something Amazing Is Happening In The Northern Part of Nigeria
On Sunday 6th of August 2017, I was watching the community shield football match between Arsenal Fc and Chelsea Fc when I got a Whatsapp call from the Founder/Social Innovator of Tom Ruk Innovation Hub - Job David. I had reached out earlier to request for the meeting and because of some engagements we had during the week, we couldn't meet up.
I left the football game and headed straight home so I could get ready, this was a meeting I was really looking forward to - something amazing is happening in the northern part of Nigeria and Tom Ruk Innovation Hub has a big role to play in it.
A lot of amazing things have been happening in the tech space in Nigeria in the last couple of years. Northern Nigeria's first Technological hub was doing so much already - I wanted to contribute, I left Lagos for Jos two months ago and everything I have seen and done so far has made coming here(Jos) the best decision I have taken in a while.
I spent the evening talking to Mr Job and his fiancee; Miss Morenike - Tom Ruk Innovation hub is looking to provide an environment where disruptive innovators can be nurtured through a culture of collaboration and co-creation to become catalysts for progressive change - Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?
I explained why we (Techies In Jos) mattered, a lot has happened in the last couple of years in the tech space in Jos - Nhub has hosted two successful HackJos Hackathons, NASA space app challenges, and then there's the Sevocoder program currently ongoing, Women in Tech, Nhub Fellowship program(Which I happen to be a part of), The Next Economy program among others. And then there's Tom Ruk Innovation hub who have spent the last couple of months training social innovators, paying visits to the NYSC secretariat and hosting/organizing social events - Mr Job had an event the following week in Lagos and that's why we had to meet on Sunday.
Techies in Jos matters because we want to change the narrative, the big tech blogs have been doing a good job reporting what has been happening in the tech space in Jos, but we want to change that, we want to tell our story to the rest of the world - We really believe Jos could become the best tech ecosystem in Africa in the not too far distant future and we believe we have a huge role to play in making that happen. We are going to be organizing tech meetups, attending/organizing tech events, interviewing startup owners, organizing training's and seminars in primary secondary and tertiary institutions, providing the latest information in the tech space and how it affects us here in Jos etc. And there's definitely still room for major improvement as we grow.
We are working on partnering with more startups, tertiary institutions, secondary and primary schools because we believe these individuals have important roles in achieving the dream that has been sold to us by the founder and Ceo of nHub Nigeria - David Daser.
It's going to be a long, challenging, and really interesting journey, one we would be glad to take. With major key players in the tech space in Jos behind us, people like David Daser, Retnan Daser, Theodore Longji, Eric Nanle, Job David, Daniel Dalyop, Dashuwa Fwangmun , Samuel Famolu, Bashir Sheidu, Awom Kenneth, Ibrahim Onogu etc. We believe we can make this dream happen.
Thank you for taking time to read this, for updates about everything technology, entrepreneurship and innovation happening in the beautiful city of Jos, follow our social media handles to keep up with the lastet news and events.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter



Comments
Post a Comment